The Department of Economics is seeking to hire eight Economics majors for paid research internships for the fall 2021 semester.
Positions pay $15/hour for approximately 10 hours of work per week, up to $2,500 per internship. Fall research projects support CSU research centers, external partners, and independent faculty research on a variety of economics issues:
- Water/Sanitation Access, assisting PAC@REDI and Dr. Anita Alves Pena
- Literature Review of Mangrove Loss, assisting Dr. Edward Barbier
- CORE Research Study, assisting Dr. Anders Fremstad
- Economic Vulnerability to Sea-Level Rise, assisting Dr. Martin Shields
- Instructional Staff Employment in Higher Education, assisting CSAL and Dr. Steven Shulman
- Developing Novel Digital Dashboards for Rural Colorado, assisting REDI@ CSU and Dr. Stephan Weiler
- Local Government, assisting the State Demography Office/Department of Local Affairs under the mentorship of Dr. Stephan Weiler
- Solar Analyst, assisting the National Renewable Energy Laboratory under the mentorship of Dr. Stephan Weiler
To apply, a student must have declared a major in Economics and have successfully completed ECON 235 (Working with Data) and/or ECON 335 (Introduction to Econometrics). Successful applicants will be prepared to assist the project with strong data and communication skills, but will also receive faculty mentorship throughout the semester to increase their knowledge and skills.
Interested students should review the available internships here and apply on Handshake (posting #5167063) by 11:55 PM on Wednesday, August 25. For more information, contact Steven.Shulman@colostate.edu.