There are many orientations that incoming graduate students should attend in order to set them up for success. See the full calendar here.
- A MANDATORY orientation for all new GTA’s is sponsored by The Institute for Learning and Teaching (TILT). The training will be held Monday, August 19th, from 8:00am-2:00pm in the Lory Student Center Grand Ballroom. To register for this training, please visit the Institute for Learning and Teaching website at: https://tilt.colostate.edu/proDev/gradStudents/gtaTraining/index.cfm. There is also other helpful information and links to more GTA resources on this page. Please register for this orientation by July 20th. If you have any questions, please contact Debi Colbert, Director of Professional Development for TILT at (970) 491-2645, or at Debora.Colbert@colostate.edu.
- GTAs are also required to attend the three gtPathways Writing Integration Orientations Wednesday August 21st thru Friday August 23rd, from 12:00pm-4:00pm. The orientation provides useful resources related to writing, grading, responding to student writing, the importance of critical thinking, the challenges associated with integrating writing into a course, and much more: https://gtpathwayswriting.colostate.edu/
- A MANDATORY international student orientation is sponsored by the Office of International Programs on Tuesday August 20th. Registration is required : https://isss.colostate.edu/orientation/
- The Graduate School will be holding a New Graduate Student Orientation on Thursday August 22nd, from 9:30am-11:00am in the Lory Student Center Grand Ballroom. http://graduateschool.colostate.edu/for-current-students/getting-started-for-new-students/student-orientation/
- The department holds Math Camp each year for new GTAs for our department and our sister department: Agricultural and Resource Economics. Math Camp is an opportunity for students to brush up on the math skills necessary to be successful in your coursework. It is highly recommended you attend Math Camp.
This year’s Math Camp will be held:
- Monday August 19th, 2:30pm-5:30pm in Clark C358
- Wednesday, August 21st, 8:00am-11:00am in Clark C358
- Thursday, August 22nd, 4:15pm-6:15pm in Clark C358
- Saturday, August 24th, 10:00am-3:30pm in Clark C363 (Lunch served 12:00-1:30pm
The department will hold its own orientation on Friday August 23rd from 9:30am-11:00am in Clark C307.
Please direct any questions to Rosanna Houlton at Rosanna.Houlton@colostate.edu or 970-491-6324.