Date(s) - 02/23/2021
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
The Bell Center presents a free virtual event titled, “A Closer Look: Investing in Economic Mobility,” featuring Professor Anita Alves Pena on Tuesday, February 23rd at 5:00pm MST.
The Center’s most recent report shows how less public investment has led to fewer middle class families in Colorado, but what does this mean for future policymaking? During this community conversation, you’ll hear from Dr. Anita Alves Pena, author of the Bell’s newest report, and the Bell Policy Center research team on why it’s not just about the dollars we spend, but how we use and where we put them. Some of the questions we’ll aim to answer during this event include:
- Where can we spend less and where must we spend more?
- How does an oversized corrections budget deepen inequity across Colorado?
- When it comes to financial success, is some college worse than no college?
- How can deeper research into areas such as human services tell us more about economic mobility?
- Some legislators say we must “prioritize” our budget, but how does this mindset hold Coloradans back?